Sunday 11 September 2011

Introductions

Welcome to Susie Shark’s first blog about cricket & life – well mainly cricket actually.

Firstly let me explain a little about me. I am an unofficial mascot for Sussex & Durham (and whoever we choose if it's a neutral game) looked after by my two handlers @mrsipkissmog & @ipkissmog. I made my debut at Old Trafford (the proper cricket one, not that garish bright lights imitation along the road) for a CB40 match between Lancs and Sussex. Since then I have been privileged to be allowed into such hallowed locations as the Sydney Cricket Ground, The Riverside (SORRY I mean the Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground... Nah, The Riverside), Trent Bridge, Edgbaston & Hove.

To anyone considering adopting a mascot, let me say straight off that we DO NOT condone the flouting of the ECB rules & regs. As such, I'd say that you should contact the grounds for permission before making the journet; also if granted to keep that permission with you at all times. In my case, most grounds have been very accommodating, and provided simple rules are adhered to then there's been no issue - I have to say 'most' as unfortunately as in all cases there are exceptions, but in defence of the two who've refused me, we hadn't made contact beforehand.

I have had the privilege of meeting many players of this strange & wonderful game that we all love so much, and they have been very kind in tattooing me when asked (albeit somewhat amusedly). These have included (to date, and by no means exhaustedly): MJ Prior, IJL Trott, PD Collingwood, ME Trescothick, G Onions, MS Panesar, LJ Wright along with the legend that is M Muralitharan.

Over the following blogs I shall type with my own fair fins some articles on games I have been to, grounds I have visited & with the help of reports backfrom the Handlers I will also include their views on best & worst beer/food/security/fans etc.

A special thank you should go out to Yvette @ Durham ( @durhamcricket ) & Dave Brooks at Sussex CCC for their welcoming humour and feedback during the past 2 years.

More to follow very soon

No comments:

Post a Comment